The very fact you are contemplating counselling means you are taking the first steps towards embracing some aspect of your life that may not currently be working for you, or it may be that life doesn’t feel quite right and you do not know why.
Counselling changes us and it changes the people around us
Maybe you are experiencing anxiety, depression or stress? Or, maybe you have suffered a bereavement and want to explore your feelings around the impact of the loss? Maybe you have suffered a break-up or are having relationship difficulties? Are you drinking too much alcohol / taking too many drugs or have an addiction which is affecting your life? Does food/weight obsession and body image rule your life? Are you struggling with the menopause and/or worried about getting older? Freedom starts when we stop pretending everything is okay when it isn’t. Your story matters, because you matter.
Whatever your reason for counselling, I provide a trusting, safe and confidential environment where you can feel heard and safe enough to identify and share issues that you are currently experiencing. You will be encouraged to speak honestly and openly and be understood and accepted for who you really are. Effective counselling brings a greater level of self-awareness, self-understanding and discovery of new strengths. It promotes increased self-esteem and confidence leading to a more contented life with happier relationships (both with yourself and with others). You will be empowered and supported to be independent in making your own choices and decisions.
An Open and Compassionate Environment
Counselling also helps to reflect on life choices, patterns of behaviour and recognizes ways of relating which may be creating and prolonging any struggles.
I place great importance on the acceptance of each person’s unique perspective, I aim to explore my client’s perspective in a non-judgemental and compassionate way within a relationship that is confidential, safe, mutual and non-controlling.
Clients generally feel better and begin to notice change within their first few sessions.
I welcome both male & female clients over the age of 16 years into my practice in Petersfield.
I am trained & experienced in the following areas:
- Assertiveness & building confidence.
- Bereavement & loss, working with grief. Life after loss.
- Affairs, separation, divorce, miscarriage, abortion &adoption.
- Stillbirth, loss of a child.
- Relationship issues, family dynamics, work, friends.
- Co-dependency, partner & spousal issues, attachment.
- Issues with disability, caring for elderly parents.
- Midlife transitions, menopause, empty nest, aging.
- Addiction: food, sex, gambling, alcoholism & drugs.
- I work confidently with the AA 12 Step program and the adapted 12 Step programs for OA and other fellowships.
- Food issues, chaotic, emotional eating, obesity.
- Eating disorders, bulimia, anorexia & compulsive overeating.
- Mental Health issues: Depression & anxiety.
- Fears & phobias
- Abuse & abusive relationships
- Job dissatisfaction/workplace stress & anxiety, bullying.
- Mindfulness & meditation
- Cancer diagnosis, terminal illness, working with carers.
How Can Counselling Help?
Life and relationships can often be the most rewarding and fulfilling of experiences but at certain times, things do not run smoothly or go according to plan, life can feel stressful and unmanageable, help is available here to address and explore:
- Increasing arguments
- Communication breakdown
- Affairs and Infidelity
- Uncertainty about Commitment
- Life transitions, to include decisions around cohabiting, marriage, parenting, retirement
- Effects of Illness
- Stress, Depression and Anxiety
- Sexual difficulties
- Coping with Separation and Divorce
- Managing Death and Loss
- Attachment issues